Learn how to disguise work as play and make every training session fun for athletes and non-athletes, all of whom may have different goals. Learn a variety of games that are designed to address strength, multidirectional speed and explosiveness. Cardiovascular health and functional performance will also be discussed.
Among the topics covered:
• Benefits of games based on current research
• Adapting the games
• Safety guidelines and recommendations
• How to incorporate games into a comprehensive training program
By Jay Dawes, MS
- Identify the potential benefits of incorporating games into a strength and conditioning program.
- Summarize the current research on small-sided games.
- Describe the importance of work:rest ratios when programming games.
- Identify and select games to elicit the appropriate training responses.
- Identify and adapt games to maximize time, efficiency and safety.
- Implement appropriate teaching cues and techniques for instructing athletes/clients on how to perform each game.
|Strength and Conditioning Games for Improved Fitness and Performance ||Module|